Please note that this post contains affiliate links of products that I love and use. This rewards me with a small commission if you choose to buy through the links and none of this will cost you anything – but it does help me pay the bills and deliver you quality content. – Love, Gloria.
Spaghetti with Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 160 g 6 ounces spaghetti, choose gluten free if you like
- 400 g 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper pepper
- 1 tsp freshly chopped thyme or half the amount when using dry thyme
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic with their peel on
- vegan parmesan optional, for serving
- Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil into a heavy metal skillet or cast iron pan. Add the tomatoes and garlic to the pan and scatter the thinly sliced onion, salt, pepper and thyme over them. Cover the skillet and let it all cook gently over medium heat. Do not peel the garlic, if you do so it will burn and turn bitter. This whole process should take around 15-20 minutes.
- Take a big pot and cook the pasta following the instructions on the package. Right before draining, scoop a cup of the cooking water out and set it aside. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- By the time the pasta is cooked and drained the tomatoes and garlic should have softened up and you can gently squeeze the garlic in the pan and remove the peel.
- Add the cooked paste to the skilled and mix well. If the pasta is too dry then add some of the cooking water to cover the pasta evenly with the sauce.