Frozen fruit sorbets are one of the quickest ways to dish up a healthy dessert. All you need is frozen fruit and in this household we dedicated two freezer drawers just to fruits. Frozen fruits are not only great in smoothies and breakfast bowls. They are the base of decadent frozen desserts that will wow your guests and take less than 5 minutes to prepare.
So here is my pineapple mint sorbet. Depending on how ripe your pineapple is you can even make this without any added sweetener.
- 500g, freshly cut pineapple
- 100ml (1/3cup + 1 tbsp) coconut water
- 15 fresh mint leaves
- sweetener (if needed)
- Chop the pineapple into smaller chunks and freeze for a minimum of two hours, for the best results you might want to freeze them over night if you do not have any frozen pineapple at hand.
- Transfer the pineapple into a food processor, add the coconut water and mint. Blend until very smooth, taste it and add sweetener if needed.
- There you go, your home made and refreshing pineapple mint sorbet. If you want to you can grate some frozen pineapple over it and garnish with a mint leaf.