Citrus, it always comes back to citrus one way or the other for me. I can’t help myself. I love every single fruit in the citrus family and grapefruit is not an exception. Be it the white, pink or red one I do not care; they are all delicious to me. They have this incredible balance of sweet, sour and tart which is why this fruit goes well with pretty much anything. How I love to eat them depends highly on the season and since the sun is scorching down on me these days I pick the more tropical approach of serving them as ice pops. These peach and grapefruit ice pops are as refreshing and tasty as they look.
Grapefruits are one of those highly underrated fruits, both in flavour and health benefits. While I do agree that grapefruits have a particular taste to them that might need something extra if you have a sweet tooth you should give them a chance. You can serve them broiled with a generous pinch of sugar, have them in salads or frozen desserts. There are so many ways to enjoy this fruit and you should, considering they come with a significant amount of vitamin C like any citrus fruit, but there is much more to this fruit.
Grapefruits have been linked to improving insulin resistance and aiding with weight management and weight loss so eating these is technically like going to the gym, right? All kidding aside these peach and grapefruit ice pops are a delicious way to soothe your sweet cravings during these hot summer months. I don’t know about you but I love treating myself, and these are just perfect for that. They are a wonderfully fresh and healthy way to celebrate whatever is worth doing so. Today I celebrate the fact that I pushed through my workout even though I did not even want to go to the gym. What are your small accomplishments during the day for which you think you deserve a treat? Tag me on Instagram in your posts about personal achievements with #gloriathegreedyvegan . I live for small victories!
- 400ml grapefruit juice, about two juiced fruits
- 250g (1/2lb) fresh peaches, juiced or pureed
- 200ml (3/4 cup + 1tbsp) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp agave
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Juice your grapefruits and set the juice aside. Juice your peaches or puree them in a blender, it is up to you.
- Add the vanilla and agave to the coconut milk.
- Layer the juices and coconut milk into the ice pop moulds. I go by order of peach, coconut, grapefruit, coconut and then peach again.
* Nutritional information is based on the products and brands that I use.