Please note that this post contains affiliate links of products that I love and use. This rewards me with a small commission if you choose to buy through the links and none of this will cost you anything – but it does help me pay the bills and deliver you quality content. – Love, Gloria.
Overnight rice flakes are a healthy way to bring some variation to your breakfast routine. Especially when you are stuck on overnight oats due to convenience and busy schedules. They are just as easily made and are rather low in calories while containing 11 essential vitamins and minerals including iron. I chose pistachios for this version to add extra crunch and a nice contrasting colour to raspberries. But they are far from being just a flavour boost and garnish.
So give these overnight rice flakes a try and don’t forget the pistachios. Just a hand full of pistachios a day provides enough recommended levels of anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins, and protein.
Overnight Rice Flakes with Raspberries and Pistacchios
- 60 g rice flakes
- 250 ml almond milk or any other milk you prefer
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g raspberries frozen or fresh ones
- 1 tbsp pistachios crushed
- 1 tsp cocoa nibs crushed
- Mix the rice flakes, vanilla essence and the almond milk in a mason jar. Scatter the frozen raspberries and pistachios on top and leave in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, best overnight. You can also use fresh berries but using frozen ones creates a beautiful gradient effect when the berries start to thaw.
- You can replace the raspberries by adding any other frozen berry if you like. There are endless possibilities for adding flavour and superfoods since rice flakes are a lovely base. If you want to know more about rice flakes, then click here. Rice flakes are too delicious and affordable to pass on.