This might be a very decadent and time-consuming way of enjoying heirloom tomatoes but once you have tried this you won't regret the extra time spent on removing the seeds.
Oven Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes
- 500 g tomatoes heirloom and cherry tomato mix
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper ground
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C (390˚F). Half the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds into a bowl. You’ll be surprised how much water there actually is in them. Mix all ingredients until the tomatoes are evenly covered in oil and seasoning.
- Spread the mix onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast for about 20 minutes until the tomatoes have dried out slightly and the onions are cooked through.