Please note that this post contains affiliate links of products that I love and use. This rewards me with a small commission if you choose to buy through the links and none of this will cost you anything – but it does help me pay the bills and deliver you quality content. – Love, Gloria.
This might be a very decadent and time-consuming way of enjoying heirloom tomatoes but once you have tried this you won’t regret the extra time spent on removing the seeds.
Oven Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 96kcalPrint Recipe
- 500 g tomatoes heirloom and cherry tomato mix
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C (390˚F). Half the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds into a bowl. You’ll be surprised how much water there actually is in them. Mix all ingredients until the tomatoes are evenly covered in oil and seasoning.
- Spread the mix onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast for about 20 minutes until the tomatoes have dried out slightly and the onions are cooked through.
These oven roasted heirloom tomatoes keep well for several days in the fridge when placed in an airtight container or mason jar. You can add any other seasoning you like or spice it up with thinly sliced olives or add capers.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 336mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1080IU | Vitamin C: 19.1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.4mg
Leave a Reply